FTXG compatible with UTX - or not?

Kosta

Hello again,

So doing more investigations into FTXG and compatibility with addons, I stumble over another oddity (incidently, the one presented in some of the screenshots I have seen from JV).

Vienna, my home airport also, with UTX and without. Screenshots:

UTX OFF:

utx-off.jpghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31158446/utx-off.jpg]

UTX ON:

utx-on.jpghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31158446/utx-on.jpg]

Any comments on this?

Thanks

Kosta

Hi Kosta,

What you're seeing with UTX on is the UTX custom industrial/urban classes that have been noted previously by users as they stick out in the FTX Global textures. The reason being that they were originally designed for FSX default textures and so their colour palette is not the same as Global. I believe they can be disabled in the UTX control panel!

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

That is very interesting, though the problem doesn't arise in my FSX. In my P3D however is what you see, and there I barely installed anything - it's UTX, mesh, 2 airports and 2 planes. In FSX I do have much more, but according to the scenery priority, UTX should have the word...

This is all oh so annoying :mellow:

Hi Alex,

That is very interesting, though the problem doesn't arise in my FSX. In my P3D however is what you see, and there I barely installed anything - it's UTX, mesh, 2 airports and 2 planes. In FSX I do have much more, but according to the scenery priority, UTX should have the word...

This is all oh so annoying :mellow:

Maybe you turned those custom textures off in FSX and forgot about it? I forget things all the time so you wouldn't be the only one. ;)

Maybe you turned those custom textures off in FSX and forgot about it? I forget things all the time so you wouldn't be the only one. ;)

If it only were that easy. No, surely did not. My UTX has always been fully enabled, just like it is by default. The only two things I disable are cars and night lightning. Been like that since I own FSX...

And I also checked what textures might those be, I can't find any custom industrial textures in UTX. There are textures for other stuff, landclasses, roads, rails and all that, but no textures for industrial.

And I also checked what textures might those be, I can't find any custom industrial textures in UTX. 

Can't check it right now but I think that landclass is called LUX Custom Landclass Layer.

The differences in the screenshots are due to different landclass being used so the real problem is not the difference itself but that you don't see those differences in FSX but only in P3D, right? The fact that both screenshots are different is normal, I presume. I also have UTX Europe and I will check what happens on my PC (using FSX) when I turn UTX landclass off when above Vienna. If I see the same as on those screenshots your problem lies within FSX, if I don't see the same as on those screenshots your problem lies within P3D. I guess...

Archived