FSX Repair and FTXG

FleetingThought

• 5 weeks later...

I want to ask the same question so I did a forum search and found this has not been answered. the reason for the repair is I tried to update a certain weather engine and now it wont let me download the weather from the fsx server. I thought a repair would fix whatever simconnect error or whatever but knowing ftx global replaces textures I dont want to ruin that.

The repair function in FSX returns all default FSX files to default, its a crude method of resolving any issue you may have had, but honestly if you are in that position of needing to 'repair' you may as well just cleanly uninstall and reinstall again, as it takes the same time probably

While Its not something I have tried myself yet, but if you did do a FSX repair yes you would need to reinstall Global again due to the fact it replaces the default texture files

Cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone tested going through an FSX Repair (which is lightning faster on my system than uninstalling everything and reinstalling from scratch.....) and then reinstalling FTXG afterwards? Any issues?

Repair is good for some simple things, so I'd rather be able to do that than have to wipe and reinstall everything if something Repair can easily fix goes wrong.....

Archived