Help needed to restore FSX due to REG Cleaner error

Ja50n01

Hi Guys,

I use Vista 64bit and CleanmyPC reg cleaner. I had a problem being unable to open Network sharing centre, User accounts or Windows update. So trying to fix it i attempted to restore my system using the windows disc. Nothing happened so i looked at my Reg cleaner ans there was an option to revert to a backup. I made the back up a few weeks ago just after re-installing windows. This did work and i can open windows update etc except now, FSX wont work(doesn't show in Microsoft Games(however it is showing on the C:program files etc) Even Microsoft office show's under program files yet it states there is a problem with the shortcut and it says only available for programs that are installed.

If i try FSX i get ERROR the MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed, please reinstore flight sim to restore or repair this missing component. If i re-install fsx will it begin working again?

I have emailed Cleanmypc to see if i can revert what i did(I should have made a backup before reverting, I thought it was a one time backup process). Would all my add-ons run, REX loads up ok etc so hopefully i can recover it.

Next question!  If it looks like a safer bet to re-install everything what files can i back up to save Rewards, Flight log, setup configs etc as i still have full access to FSX files. Also any shortcuts to save me time re-installing FSX/FTX and other add ons. Also i only just setup simconnect are there any files i can back up if re-installation is required.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jason

UPDATED: I completely Screwed the System, So I had to do a full re-install.

Anyone else use Clean My PC Reg Cleaner 64 bit compatible, I am using Vista and have been advised to use a Registry cleaner, Yet i seem to always get Reg problems since having it??????

Any Thoughts

Jason

I use Clean My PC Reg Cleaner 64 bit and it works very well for me. But i wouldn't have the idea to use it's reg backup from many moons ago...  ;D

Do you have Ultimate ? It's complete PC backup feature is perfect !

Hi Mango,

OK so I will continue using it, how often do you use the reg cleaner?

Yeah i do have Ultimate, I have about 800gb to backup so i may need to get an external HDD(I have a HD Video camera that fills HDrives like no ones business and do a lot of video editing on the 64bit system. What would you recomend use ultimate to back up once a week. Does it then Restore as your system was when stable?

I have tried so many of these programs such as Norton Ghost etc but have never got them to work as wanted. I do backup all my Files safely, but it's the re-installing that drives me MAD :'( :'( :'(

All advice is greatly recieved, Cheers Mango

I am fed up of spending a good week re-installing LOL,

Personally I never use any third party addon to clean my registry, things can go bad. I do it manually with the regedit command, and every week or anytime Im about to install something I create a system restore point. If something goes wrong you can restore your pc back to that point in time.

Ian

Personally I never use any third party addon to clean my registry, things can go bad. I do it manually with the regedit command, and every week or anytime Im about to install something I create a system restore point. If something goes wrong you can restore your pc back to that point in time.

Ian

Yeah I really need to set restore points, I am a little scared of the registry but thanks for the info anyway,

Cheers

Jason

Archived