Some Questions About FTX Global Features

Plainsman

I have now installed FTX England, Scotland and Wales.   I installed FTX Global the day it came out. 

Question:  In FTX Central, I now have TWO FTX Global icons.  Would it be correc to assume that either will work to apply FTX Global at startup?

Question:  If after "applying" FTX Global, and I take off from France (for example) and fly to England, Scotland or Wales, will I see the graphics for those newly installed region, or will I see FTX Global graphics?

Question:  If after "applying" FTX Europe and taking off from either England, Scotland or Wales,will I see the graphics of the newly installed regions?  If I then fly from England, Scotland or Wales to France or Italy or Germany, will I automatically see FTX Global graphics in those countries or will I see FSX default graphics?  Or, will I see GEX graphics? (I also have GEX Europe installed).

Hi,

If you installed older Orbx products after FTX Global then you will need to download and run the Orbx Core installer available here (50.8mb file)-

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62064-orbxlibs-130723-orbxlibs-core-130723/

This will repair FTX Central and then you should only have one FTX Global Icon.

As for the display of the region packs, they will always take priority over FTX Global textures, however, if you would like to fly between, lets say, FTX England and France with FTX Global, then you will need to select the FTX Global Icon in FTX Central, and tick the 'Hybrid Mode' checkbox down the bottom, and apply.

If you apply FTX Europe then you should only fly within the full Orbx regions (FTX England, Scotland and Wales), not outside of them otherwise you will have issues.

Hope this helped

Cheers

Weird, there are no airplanes in the airports. I even have a third party traffic  program installed (Traffic X) but since FTX Global and England, Scotland, and Wales installs, the A.I. planes that are supposed to be parked at airports are gone!  WTF!

Any suggestions?

The FTX installs shouldn't have any influence on your traffic. One thing you want to check as part of your own duty is that your Traffic X hasn't added any conflicting afcads. Or more importantly that you've removed any conflicting airport files to what you've added with the FTX addons.

Hi,

If you installed older Orbx products after FTX Global then you will need to download and run the Orbx Core installer available here (50.8mb file)-

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62064-orbxlibs-130723-orbxlibs-core-130723/

This will repair FTX Central and then you should only have one FTX Global Icon.

As for the display of the region packs, they will always take priority over FTX Global textures, however, if you would like to fly between, lets say, FTX England and France with FTX Global, then you will need to select the FTX Global Icon in FTX Central, and tick the 'Hybrid Mode' checkbox down the bottom, and apply.

If you apply FTX Europe then you should only fly within the full Orbx regions (FTX England, Scotland and Wales), not outside of them otherwise you will have issues.

Hope this helped

Cheers

Thanks Misha.  I went to the link and found two choices:  Full library and Core.  Don't I want the full library, whatever that is?  Why would I only want the core? What's in the full library that I'll be missing if I install the Core?

I've removed nothing.  All I"ve done is install in order:  FTX Global...then England, Scotland, and Wales.   There are no planes in the airports in those countries or other countries like South Africa.

Well you did miss out on one small thing :)

by installing the "older" FTX addons after FTX Global you "mixed up" your install,

simple remedy is to make sure you have all updates and patches installed for your addons, please read the instructions carefully,

some need to be set to the region and others don't,  make sure to install the latest ORBXLIBS 130723 as last

Let us know how you fare ;)

Archived