Did it install?

neforus51

I recently purchased the FTX-Central Rockies, but already have PNW and Global.  During my first attempt to install, I ran out of space on my SSD.  This was the message I got, and quickly I allocated some space.  The second attempt to install was stopped during the processing of un-wrapping.  I don't recall the specifics of the error message, but it was not something identifying.  On my third attempt, there appeared to be no problems.  I was now curious as to whether or not it really did install.  First thing I noticed is that my FTX Central control panel did not include the PDF's that I had gotten when I downloaded PNW.  Shouldn't there also be a PDF manual for the Central Rockies like there is for Central Rockies?  I then decided to fly to a city in the Central Rockies and noticed that the landclass appeared to be that of default FSX.  For example, I was able to see a difference between McNary Airport in Salem OR (PNW) when compared to Redmond OR, which is in the Central Rockies region.  The houses were those of the default FSX.  I did see all of the new textures, but I have a feeling this was from FTX-Global, not the Central Rockies.  

Is there any way to validate that Central Rockies was installed?

If it wasn't, do I simply try to re-install it again?

go to => ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA and check if you have the following folders in your FTX_NA folder:

FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY

FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX

FTX_NA_CRM07_MESH

FTX_NA_CRM08_CUSTOM

also make sure to check out the support page for all updates and patches available for the various FTX addons => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Okay, I checked the FTX_NA folder and there is nothing in there with "CRM" just "PNW", so it looks as though it did not install despite the fact that no errors or freezes occurred.  However, it was the third consecutive try and maybe this has something to do with it.  I will go try a new re-install and check for updates - with the updates first - and then get back with you.

This time, not only did the installer take longer (I watched every file being installed), CRM pdf showed up in FTX Central.  So my guess would be that for some reason, the problems installing CRM the first and second time obstructed the third attempt.  Simply turning off my computer and waiting a day helped, for whatever reason.

Okay, I will now go look for updates, but I have a few other questions, if that is okay:

1) When looking in FTX_NA folder for the CRM files, I didn't see anything for Global? Just PNW.  Is that normal?  Shouldn't there be files for Global, or are they elsewhere in the FXS main folder?

2) I only have "Default" and "North America" icons on my FTX Central when open.  Is that normal?  Should there be an icon for FTX-Global?

3) FTX Global is supposed to have lights just like those in PNW, correct?

Thanks for all of your help! 

1) When looking in FTX_NA folder for the CRM files, I didn't see anything for Global? Just PNW.  Is that normal?  Shouldn't there be files for Global, or are they elsewhere in the FXS main folder?

FTX Global replaces the stock textures, hence you won't see a folder for it, you will see in the ORBX folder a folder called FTX_OLC, which is for the open LandClass files

2) I only have "Default" and "North America" icons on my FTX Central when open.  Is that normal?  Should there be an icon for FTX-Global?

it should state FTX Global = default, if that's not the case then run the global installer again

3) FTX Global is supposed to have lights just like those in PNW, correct?

the FTX Global lighting system is different than that of the region packs, however the Team is working on a patch so in future all will benefit from the same improved lighting system

Archived