Zakinthos (fsX <=> FTX GLOBAL issue?)

jrrbolkin

1nzN.png

QcuSn.png

mqcOD.png

Hi Guys I don't know if I screwed up or its an issue in Global but the shots above show the Greek Island of Zante, note the angular,linear coastline(not seen this anywhere else in global).

Then flying either North or South of the airport I get these patches of water appearing where land should be they seem to follow the aircraft path and on looking back they disappear and the land texture re-appears.Again I haven't seen this happen anywhere else in Global so far.

It happens with Hybrid mode checked or unchecked.

Can any other user please see if it happens to them or is it just me Doh!.

If not can anyone please give me some advice/help.

Cheers.

Gary

Hi Gary,

could you please be so kind and add some coordinates to your items, this makes it a wee bit easier for us to have a check as to what you are seeing corresponds with we have here

I had a quick glance over the island but could not detect any anomalies hence the request for the coordinates

O6Lg.png

Lat  N37  43.47  Lon E20 56.27

IEZj.png

Lat N37  43.46  Lon E20  56.39

wNDPY.png

Lat M37  43.67  Lon E20 56.96

j8E7q.png

Lat N 37 43.59 Lon E20  55.90

Final shot above just to show the angular shape of the Island.

Wolter this seems to happen at any point on approaching the coastline and as I say I have not found it to happen anywhere else in Global ...so far.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Gary

Hi Gary,

just ran a check on things at the coords you stated and indeed things looks a wee bit weird to say the least, altough I have to point out that this most likely it is a fsX glitch as with FTXG* most certainly only the textures where exchanged, I'll ask one of the Dev's to have a look at this and see if something is possible

Hi Friedi,

Yeah I agree the textures in Global are fantastic,just the disappearing land anomalies is puzzling me.

I am more than happy with Global and Zakynthos is the only place I have seen this problem.

Best wishes.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I think it should look like? I used FTX Global and UTX Europe updated to V.1.5. Only shorelines and water mask in UTX used.

Global_Insel_zpsb862bb7c.jpg

Global_Insel1_zps9348cef6.jpg

Or on AVSIM I found a freeware Greece Coastline by YiannisDermitzakis included mainland, all islands and the western coastlines of Turkey are also included.

Cheers. Friedi.

xJCbL.png

Thanks again Friedi,

I found the Greece Coastline fix on Avsim now at least the Island looks more natural in shape.Do you know where all the buildings have gone though ie Zante town,Laganas,Alykes and Alykanas to name a few lol

The Island now needs some buildings to make it look less deserted.

Oh well you can't have everything.

Gary

xJCbL.png

Thanks again Friedi,

I found the Greece Coastline fix on Avsim now at least the Island looks more natural in shape.Do you know where all the buildings have gone though ie Zante town,Laganas,Alykes and Alykanas to name a few lol

The Island now needs some buildings to make it look less deserted.

Oh well you can't have everything.

Gary

Try some landclass like UTX or Scenery Tech it will definitely put some towns and cities somewhat in their original place.    

Archived