FTX Global - How to uninstall ?

thydney1970

I just like to know how is it possible to make a clean uninstall of ftx global. I didn't found any topic regarding uninstalling ftx global in the guide and it seems that the uninstall runs in a different way as it described in several uninstall-guides for ftx regions like australia.

i am looking forward to hear from soon. thanks a lot.

Hi Ian

I sent already a personal message to tim harris therefor, please find below als infos regarding uninstall and problem with the black lights during daytime.

message to tim :

just installed ftx global and like to inform you, that when i fly during day time i just have black dots on the roads. it seems that the dots are for the lights during night, but the are disturbing me during daytime and i don't know why. a like to run fsx in direct x 10-mode because i have higher and also stable framerates. I also like to know, why the lights have a black rings also around the lightspot during night.

this is why i like to uninstall ftx global again for the moment, see separate topic in this forum. I run fsx on windows 7 64 ultimate and have a i7 970 6 core cpu with a nvidia geforce 590 installed.

that is why i like to know how is it possible to make a clean uninstall of ftx global. I didn't found any topic regarding uninstalling ftx global in the guide and it seems that the uninstall runs in a different way as it is described in several uninstall-guides for ftx regions like australia. do i have to remove also any registry entries for a complete and clean uninstall and if yes where do i find the necessary orbx entries ?

my order details for ftx global are mentioned below :

Order Number: FSS0225718
Order Date: 2013-08-01

[ORB-727] Orbx - FTX: Global

i am looking forward to hear from you soon and thanking you for your kind and helpful support.

yours faithfully

stephan

I just deleted now the orbx directory within my fsx directory and replaced the whole textures from the backup folder with the one in the scenery/world/texture-directory. now i get error code after error code when i start fsx. i just tried to reinstall ftx global with unwrapper and now even the product installer won't start nor the new orbx directoy within my fsx is getting installed and prepared.

it is really frustrating me. such a horrible scenario with uninstalling an addon and i can't understand, why you don't enclose a working uninstaller for ftx products. it seems that i messed up now my working fsx installation completely. it means to me, that i can reinstall over 150gb of fsx addons..... thanks a lot. i was so impressed by your previews for ftx global and couldn't await to install it. i never expected that it will end in an absolutely horror scenario probably. that's why i really like to know from you prompt, how i can completely remove ftx global with all necessary entries in my windows registry to make a working reinstall without reinstalling the whole fsx. and i also like to know from you how i can solve then the problem with black lights during daytime.

thank you.

I could have sworn that I saw a post by JV that indicated that they were working on an uninstaller.

Yes, he did:

Hi there,

We're almost ready with our Uninstaller, sorry about the delay.

To ensure an uninstall is possible you MUST select the backup option during the installation process.

The Uninstaller will restore the autogen control files, delete the user guide and other redundant files, remove the landclass scenery folder from the Scenery Library then run FTX central and restore your lclookup.bgl to what you had before. You then need to manually copy the backed up textures back into Scenery\World\Texture (from the location you originally backed up to).

Hope that helps?

Why would anyone want to uninstall FTXG?  It looks sooo much better than default FSX, and better than photo scenery products (at low altitudes), and better than GEX (that does the exact same thing)!  But that's just my opinion.  I also don't understand all of the technical issues folks are having.  I had zero installation problems, with any FTX products.  However, in case a tech issue might arise, I backup my existing HD first.  With over 150gb's of FSX add-on's at risk and a working knowledge of the Windows registry, wouldn't it be wise to always have a working HD image on hand?  Just a thought.  I really hope the OP can get FTXG working well because, like I said, it's far better than any scenery add-on I've used.  Not to mention a great community for FSX and support. 

I just deleted now the orbx directory within my fsx directory and replaced the whole textures from the backup folder with the one in the scenery/world/texture-directory. now i get error code after error code when i start fsx. i just tried to reinstall ftx global with unwrapper and now even the product installer won't start nor the new orbx directoy within my fsx is getting installed and prepared.

it is really frustrating me. such a horrible scenario with uninstalling an addon and i can't understand, why you don't enclose a working uninstaller for ftx products. it seems that i messed up now my working fsx installation completely. it means to me, that i can reinstall over 150gb of fsx addons..... thanks a lot. i was so impressed by your previews for ftx global and couldn't await to install it. i never expected that it will end in an absolutely horror scenario probably. that's why i really like to know from you prompt, how i can completely remove ftx global with all necessary entries in my windows registry to make a working reinstall without reinstalling the whole fsx. and i also like to know from you how i can solve then the problem with black lights during daytime.

thank you.

The black lights have a temporary fix which is explained here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62085-dx10-and-ftx-global-fix-being-worked-on/

As for uninstallation, there are other files that have been moved to backup locations during the installation process that will have to be manually moved until the uninstaller is prepared. Holger explains their location here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62640-technical-questions-defaultxml-and-other-files/

This is nuts!!!!!!!   We should be able to and be allowed to uninstall FTX Global if we want to but we can't !!  This is controlling!!

I have bought all of FTX products and this is really turning me against them. I should be able to uninstall something if I want to.

And yes I have backed up my original and replaced them but this doesn't complete restore everything.

Hi cabnz,

The uninstaller for FTX Global is currently in testing and should be ready as soon as we are confident it will perform its functions properly. If you want to do a manual uninstall open a new support thread and the Global developers will be able to give you instructions on how to go about uninstalling.

Beyond that there is no conspiracy to control your FSX install, simply that the uninstaller is not ready to be shipped.

Regards,

Alex

Archived