FTX Global, red land in south Europe.

NN_Avirex

Here are two shots taken in Italy (Umbria and Calabria) :red1.jpg

red2.jpg

As I said in an other post (at the wrong place...) there is no red land in Italy. Land is brownish or yellow ochre but never red.

Same problem in the south of France, no red at all except for rocky hills in small area (Roquebrune).

This gives you the sensation to be somewhere else, but not in Europe.

Those shots had been taken with UTX on, but it's same with open VFR, or TLC france in France.

Maybe those textures are common with others used in more tropical regions ?

Guest Irontower

looks also more brownish then red to me (Samsung monitor). Could be a monitor thing. My old Benq had an realy strong reddish tuch.

In win 7 you can use the color calibration to correct it, in the Graficscard driver menue you can adjust colors or you use an external program.

cheers

In Spain now if you fly in July-September you will see in the middle and lot places this type of color

http://vintage.johnnyjet.com/images/PicForNewsletterSpainSept2006FlightToMadridView2.JPG

yellow - brown of dry fields. What we have now in FTX-Global is totally Green. Of course Spain is very green in the north mostly all the year and in spring in full spain. 

The South of Spain in several places (andalucia) is green in summer also.

I hope that will be fixed in a future patch or Landclass you are going to release this year (as you said).

I'm using a recent Dell 2410 wide gamut calibrated with spyder 4 pro (It is a professionaI monitor that I use as an illustrator and graphic designer), so that is not a monitor problem for sure.

I live in Italy (that I know very well 8) ), but I'm french (so I do know France too  8)  8) ), and I assure you that there are no reddish colors in our landscapes.

Archived