Green airport pads in desert

bunchy

Bummer!

This is why so many of us....and now you have the opportunity...learn how to use the various tools available for "fixing" or "redoing" airports...upgrading landclass....adding new scenery and objects....it's why it turns into an addiction....because there is the need to fix it to something more realistic....and then you upload to a couple of the usual freeware distribution sites so others can benefit from what you have done.

Yes Andreas is spot on...those are the two tools for helping build airports with custom backgrounds.  Further tools would be object placing tools like Instant Scenery which can now do texture polygons and road with traffic. 

Plus for making custom models such as I do you need one of several tools like Sketchup (the freeware version will do), Model Converter X,  Library Maker or similar tool for compiling the model.  If your going into expert mode you need something like GMAX.

There are others as well...head over the http://www.fsdeveloper.com/ for assistance and tools.

I'm almost sure someone will stand up to this, I admit it ain't me, adapting some 26,000 + airfields is a wee bit of a job  :ph34r:

Hey Wolter....what are you doing with all that spare time...lol.

I don't know if this is a landclass issue but airport pads stand out in desert regions.

This is final approach into DAUH North Africa.

Stu

FSS0223909

They just have a great irrigation system like at some golf courses!

Archived