SCO/Visual anomalies at Dundee and Coll

FLighT

I've almost completed my tour of all the SCO airports and landing strips and today noticed 2 issues and I'm not sure if it's my hardware/setup or something else. I took off from EGOA, landed EGQL, (no issues), and then on to EGPN (Dundee). While taxiing around Dundee airport I notice a large number of doors, windows and signage flickering in and out on the airport buildings (not on the town behind and above the A/P). Zoom level had no effect and I tried a few cfg changes and a system reboot to see if any change could be made but the results were always the same.

From there I was off to EGPT, XST, EGPJ, EGEO, ULL, (no issues at any), and on to EGEL (Coll). As I approached runway 2 I noticed the trees on the right side of the RW with branches twitching to and fro as if the pixels making them up didn't know where they should be.

From there I went on to EGPU and there were no twitching tree branches there.

I have the most recent libs, and run DX9. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I'll post some tomorrow but may not show anything, especially the tree twitching thing. These are not like tiles flashing, it was just the windows and doors on the airport buildings at Dundee as I was sitting still on the RW or taxiways, or parking ramps. I wonder if that's what's referred to as Z-fighting? The trees were twitching as I was landing, pausing may have stopped / frozen the effect. Anyway, screenies tomorrow. Thanks.

As I suspected, looking at still screens it's almost impossible to show the effect. A video while taxiing would make it obvious but I can't do video. As I taxi along the image flickers between these 2 states. This is as close as I can get.

Note the window pane details (or lack of), and in the second shot you can see the door has perforated edges. I don't believe this is an aliasing effect, maybe mip maps.

n4hTQ.jpg

wgEGz.jpg

This next shot shows nothing. The clump of trees behind the shed vibrate with colors changing from light to dark green. Again a video would be the only way to show this. I took dozens of shots here to no effect.

Guy4Z.jpg

These are the only 2 airports in SCO that I have this issue with so I'm not convinced it's a hardware/settings issue, and I've only got 10 left to complete my tour of all of SCO. Note: I have not purchased FTXG as yet so it is not installed. Scenery Tech and X-Class LC's are turned off in my scenery library.

Archived