FTX Global blocks

Bic1

Some more notes on this, as you get up close, the Mosque's are larger than other buildings.  Also, at times, the building sides slowly  change from black to white and then back to black. 

I tried changing bufferpools to 1 from 0 and adding the memory settings, but this did not help.  I even tried turning various slider details down all the way, but the buildings still showed up.  I verified my nvidia settings are ok.

I went to Dubai and Riyadh and did not have these black buildings show up there.

I tried just one click with DX10 and restart of FSX.  The buildings have a little bit more detail like blueish color and maybe some sort of windows at the airport (they were black and turn white as I fly around in DX9). 

As I fly over Zamalek ISland, the white texture actually becomes a Global texture that looks ok. 

I'm wondering if it's a  performance problem and my hardware just is not up to it.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am on the trail...I think this is some Egypt Scenery that I added a long time ago and it looks like the config might be messed up.  I readded the scenery library that I found on disk and it looks like some f the buildings are appearing, but they are flashing on and off:

heca_zps9d56a957.png

I was looking in scenery config editor and saw a couple errors, are these normal?

scenery_cfg_zps509e5ad5.png

The Cairo scenery is fixed now

I fixed two of the missing defaults, so now I have two FTX Global's that have errors.  What directory should they point to?

I found the Egypt files in the main scenery folders and deleted them.  So it seems like that is cleaned up now.

I also cleaned up two of the four scenery directories that were empty, but I still see this for the FTX Global ones.  What the right directories?

scenery_cfg_zps509e5ad5.png

Archived