Partial airport lights with FTX Global at night

Luis Linares

Hello,

I really like the improvement of the FTX Global textures over the FSX default ones.  I've been doing a lot of flying today and noticed one trend.  At night, I have not been able to see the runway lights at default and payware airports.  I'm running FSX in DX9 mode.  In some cases, I can see the blue or green taxiway lights, but the white lights associated with the runway edges and centerline seem not to appear at night.

Anyone notice this too?  I did not get any errors during installation.

Thanks

Luis Linares

FTX Global Order: #FSS0222469

FTXG does not add, alter or change any airport lighting at all. Our new 3D lights use their own models and textures which are totally unrelated to airports. In this instance there is no connection between your airport lights issue and FTXG.

John,

Its not quite as easy as you said there must be a connection..

I have also the same problem if I enable the vector lights in the Europe I do not have any RWY lights. When I close the sim and disable the light option and restart the sim, the RWY lights are back.

I had to try alot today as I'm having big trouble with the lights.

1. if I enable the lights in a FTX Global region then the sim (P3D) becomes unflyable as the frames are dropping down to 6-9 fps.

If I disable the lights I truly can enjoy FTXG, as the fps are locked at 30 and the sim is performing well.

2. If I enable the lights in the Europe Region ( England, Scotland and Wales) I have no nightlights at all but the Runway lights are missing as well. If I then disable the nightlights in FTX Central, everything becomes normal.

One more thing, I love FTXG from the beginning, the down side is that I can not use all its features (nightlight)

Remark:

The first problem is gone as the culprit was the Terrain from OpenVFR, after disabeling the open VFR terrain entry the frame rates went up to the 28-30 locked.

Now only the 3D lights in the UK are missing completely.

Hello Luis

In my case using DX9 atm, seeing all runway lights just fine. Im Flying from KORD,to KWYS via KFSD.

What airport are you referring to?

I could not see runway lights in default KSMF and FS DreamTeam KLAS last night.  It looks like I'm not the only one.

I'll check other airports to include default and add-on.

Luis Linares

FTX Global Order: #FSS0222469

I was also flying the NGX, which uses more memory than default aircraft.  When I'm back on FSX, I will compare the NGX to the other aircraft at night to see if that is possibly affecting the runway lights.

Archived