Trouble downloading FTX Global

Luis Linares

With all due respect you shouldn't advertise for those, with 10 to 20 threads per download this will kill off servers bandwidth, and they are public links. Servers are already slow at this moment, and they are timing out (hence corrupted archive).

Public torrent would have been much better for everyone.

Sure thing but servers are already dieing at this moment, for this kind of file size a simple torrent is always a better and faster option, and it costs nothing. ;)

Not to mention Flashget and Getright are full of crapware.

Well i've been at it for 45 minutes now with different links, servers, and installing crapware i don't need (with a very stable 20Mb/sec connection right in the middle of west europe) and i can't get past 100k/sec at all, if i don't get a timeout.

For a 99$ product this is not good. And if you want to tell your people to install 3rd party chinese software with history of malware to get it, well that's not good either sorry.

In 2013 i don't know what's worth not using public torrent like any other linux distro or large software, but that must be really something bad.

Well i've been at it for 45 minutes now with different links, servers, and installing crapware i don't need (with a very stable 20Mb/sec connection right in the middle of west europe) and i can't get past 100k/sec at all, if i don't get a timeout.

Patience is a virtue and often rewarded!

Shitfight ? Walking a thin line ?

Wow ok i'll stop pointing out issues then... and as a new customer i'll just bite on my problems since it does make you angry. Jeez what a reaction.

Patience is a virtue and often rewarded! 

And i am, i'm not in a hurry. Besides my personnal issues i was just pointing out that servers were slow or timing out and 3rd party software is not the best option. (still trying to find one that wont die on me at this very moment)

But yeah don't worry i get it, i upset people around for doing so, i'll just shut up, or get a refund, whatever now anyway.

Archived