No Autogen Houses

shaneo17

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've been on these forums, I bought AU Blue back when it was first released...it's great to see a homegrown aussie product has now expanded into a global FSX community phenomenon.  8)

I've had FSX and FTX products running on my computer for years, but recently did a clean install of windows and installed FSX on it's own drive. I immediately downloaded and reinstalled AU blue, however I wanted to make it look like it did on my old setup with a bit of tweaking. Unfortunately, I wanted the easy option and decided to download FSX Booster 2013...I used it to make some tweaks, but now I have 2 problems:

1.  I am getting no autogen housing or trees. Airport buildings show, as do the Adelaide CBD buildings and street lights, but no others. Autogen slider is at maximum.

2.  At night, the lights on the street lights flash / go out when the detailed scenery radius reaches them.

I did not run FSX at all before using FSX Booster, so I don't know if the tweaking has caused these issues. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks, 

Shane

Hi Shane,

I would hazard a guess its partly disabled your AGN system... browse to FSX/Autogen, and check you have:

AutogenDescriptions.spb

RoofDescriptions.spb

default.xml  << ensure this has not been renamed, or had the extension altered...f.e to default.bak

There are more, but those listed above are your main (crucial) autogen files

Cheers
Tim

Hi tim,

Thanks for your reply. All of these files are firmly in place and have the correct extensions. I've been doing lots of research and am struggling to find any information on this problem...seems it's fairly unique. Any more ideas? Maybe just another clean install...

Roger that,

When you installed FSX did you also install the 2 x servicepacks or GOLD/Acceleration?

Have the latest Orbxlibs patch installed? http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

And have you tried cycling FTXcentral to [Default] and back to [Australia], pressing 'Apply' each time?

If its still not working I suggest posting a screenshot taken from in the air at about 1000ft, a quick way to do that is found here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Thanks for the tips, tim.

Turns out installing the latest orbxlibs patch fixed the houses issue. I'm still getting the issue with the flickering street lights, however i'm bot too concerned as I actually prefer flying at night with them turned off anyway.

Thanks for your help. :)

Archived