KWYS_Wildfires_Map. Can't open it!

alfhak712

I have the wonderful scenery for KWYS West Yellowstone airport! 

I read the manual and there is a map that shows the position for the three wildfire in the area!

I have locate the KML file but can't open it and don't know what program to use or how to open it!

I just wonder why you did not add the map in the manual instead! Is it a reason for that?

I love the scenery and also done lots of flying in the area during summer but my eyes

can't see any wildfire! I have the CRM and latest patch update for it and also latest

ORBX Library 130626 installed! I also made sure the 3 boxes are checked for

the wildfire in the control panel for KWYS and FTX Central is updated and active!

I might been flying around at wrong places so I don't see any wildfire!

Thanks again for great sceneries!

Alf

Hi Alf,

Thank you for the kind words, and glad you're enjoying West Yellowstone, in hindsight we probably should have included a map in the manual, but we added the fires more as an afterthought towards the end of the project with the aim to include something to 'patrol' for

If you have not already download the small servicepack for KWYS, it includes another 3 fire locations (to make 6 in total), plus corrects the windsocks, you can find it located here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#kwys

Plus if you have the Freeware FTX AI for North America, you'll also receive visits from the custom painted P3 Orion Firebombers, and DC3/Dornier 228 Smokejumper aircraft: http://www.fullterrain.com/product_traffic.html

Cheers
Tim

post-1322-0-28263000-1374025304_thumb.jp

Hi Tim!

I did another flight yesterday and located one of the wildfire to the east of the airport!

What can I say! It was amazing how real it looked! It looks very realistic and also the dark

smoke from it that was huge going up in the sky! You and the other good guys who develop

ORBX sceneries take Flight Simulator to another level and bring it to life and I enjoy it very much!

I will install the other files you mention!

Thanks again!

Alf

Archived