Ground Textures Problem, need help.

silvera_

I have a clean-installed FSX. Right after that install i installed my FTX Scotland. No matter what i tried, even with a new install of everything, i can't figure out what the problem is. I'm having some ground textures problem. Wierd grass, water on grass and etc etc... I've also FTX England but the same problem when i install it. Can anyone tell me what should i do about this? I'm adding screenshots below.

2JQnA.png

rvuxF.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Wolter, i somehow fixed the problem with FTX EU - SCOTLAND problems. They're all ok now and working. But i'm having an issue with GLOBAL. It doesn't look like my other FTX products. I'm gonna add a screenshot so you can see the difference. Yes by the way, i have Acceleration pack.

rhw5.jpg

iot9.jpg

kp5q.jpg

HI :)

did you check that you have all the updates and patches for your sceneries ?

please have a check here at the support forums => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Also try and switch back an fort between FTX Global and the regions, don't forget to hit the Apply button ! ;)

if that doesn't do it then please run the FTX Global installer again, that should cure the issue, also please let me know which area you are flying so I can cross check at my end and if need be post a screenie also.

Thanks for the answer,

yes i have the updates but there're no updates/patches for global already, right?

I've tried switching back between FTX Global and the regions and also tried installing global again but no luck... :\

I'm flying around LIRF (Rome - Fiumicino) airport. N41° 50.28'   -   E12° 16.93'  coordinates.

Hi silvera_,

do you have Acceleration installed as well or do you have SP1+SP2 from MS installed ?

if you have Acceleration installed, then you could try and run a "repair"

1st set FTX Central to "global" untick the 3 selection boxes and hit Apply, close FTX Central.

2nd insert the Acceleration DVD and select repair, let it finish doing it's thing

3rd when finished, fire up fsX it will start rebuilding it's Dbase etc etc

4th have a little flight, just to confirm all is back to basic fsX again, close fsX

5th run the FTX Global installer to re-install FTX Global and follow the prompts on screen

6th when finished the install make sure to hit Apply in FTX Central for the region you want to use or FTX Global for that matter as well

let me know how you fare

So i think i'm gonna try reinstalling everything. Can you just tell me what order should i use for installation?

I have FSX + Accel + FTX Global - EU - SCOTLAND - OCEANIA + UTX + Scenery Tech Terrain Mesh + REX.

Do i have to do something special to get them work this time? :/

Thanks for your efforts to help anyway. 

rgr,

clean slate install:

make sure all traces of fsX are deleted, registry programs folders etc etc

reboot the PC

install fsX+Acceleration, test before installing anything else

install ST mesh, test before installing anything else

install UTX, test before installing anything else

install REX, text before installing anything else

install the FTX products + FTX updates that where released BEFORE FTX Global, again test, check everything before the next one

install FTX Global

have a read here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62985-land-water-issues-in-ftx-global/?p=574958

that should about cover it

Hi Wolter, i've used your installation order and on 5th. step this is what i got in EGFF airport with FTX ;

b9re.jpg

When i set FTX Central to Default, it's like this ;

nzpg.jpg

I did nothing wrong this time... :S

Hi,

That looks like a corrupt terrain.cfg to me, simple to fix.

1. set FTX Central to Default and close it

2. rename your current terrain.cfg to terrain.bak (located in the root fsx folder)

3. copy the terrain.cfg from "\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\" and place in your root fsx folder

4. set FTX Central to Europe and close it

5. run the UTX repair option to re-add there entries

6. test and report back

Paul

Archived