YBAS Alice Springs: Default runway textures

Alpenpendler

Hi all,

I've got some strange textures at YBAS and YCDR. Can't see more than a default runway (but without numbers) and the apron seems to be still the photo ground texture. All the latest patches and librarys are installed. Tried to re-install the airports, but nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks.

b3tmxa6w.jpg

Do you see the default runway close to the ground?

If it's only from an altitude then that is a limitation of FSX. When you get far enough from ground polys they will begin to flicker because their placement in relation to the ground becomes less precise

Hi Alpenpendler,

Not the developer of YBAS or YCDR but I'll try to help

For YBAS check:

- AU HOLGERMESH is installed http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html#holgermesh

- FSX Mesh slider set to 5m

- If you have any (non-Orbx) AI Traffic programs they often insert an extra APX (airport file), this will need to be disabled

(YCDR actually uses a default runway, but it should be showing properly)

Hi mate - sorry I have been infrequent on here lately and really appreciate Tim's help.  Has the object flow module installed properly ?  Can you check you have the file  ORBX_YBAS_GP_PLC_ObjectFlow_YBAS

Did you get the message that allowed you to install object Flow ?

Hi again,

It looks like the Objectflow might not be working

Try this: look in your ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_YBAS/Scenery folder for a 'Moduleinstaller.exe', and double-click it, you should get some messages regarding Objectflow, just click OK, and the next time you start FSX you'll also get a message regarding 'allowing' Objectflow, again click OK

Let us know how you go

Cheers

Tim

Archived