WRAPPER PROBLEMS SCO

bailout3

Hi...purchased SCO but having a problem installing ...I get a window part way through installation asking to insert disk 1. I also got an unknown decompression error #2029 texture\035b2sp3.bmp.

I have FTX central on default. I have never had a problem like this on any of other purchases...any ideas?

Hi,

Make sure you unzip the files to a temporary folder before running the installer otherwise you get the error insert disk 1, as for the decompression error it could be to do with not unzipping it or it could be a corrupt download.

Paul

I have purchased most of Orbx FTX software & haven't encountered any problems DL or unwrapping. The only thing different is I purchased SCO from my laptop and now am DL into my desktop but I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

I am just following the onscreen commands like always.   

DL the link...open it ...click on app & extract all to Users\name\downloads\compressed etc. Then message coping 3 items2.63 GB . ater 4 mins I get a message copy & replace?( Because I have DL a few times now. ) They are extracted then RUN. Next Orbx FTX wrapper then validation then unwrapping installer.

Message- this product installer about to be exeuted donot click finish til completed. I click OK and it continues to welcome screen then starts to install EU SCO after several minutes it stops & asks for disk2 and that is as far as I get. I have never had this happen before. Where exactly am I going wrong? 

I really don't know why this install has been so difficult. I have a payware version of Instant Download Manager & it has made all my Orbx installs a piece of cake. I managed to get the wrapper to work after I put the DL on my desktop. The first time I loaded FSX I got an error and had to close it so I don't know if all my problems are solved. I reloaded FSX and it worked on a short flight from EGPK to EGPE so I guess time will tell. I must say though that my first flight in SCO was very impressive and I think probably is the best scenery of EU so far so congrats to the developers. If I have any further problems I will let you know ...thank you for your quick response.

Archived