FTX Central won't work

David Goodhue

Gday David, and welcome

Make sure to install the latest Orbx libraries patch after installing any regions, this will also fix the error message, grab it here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs

Let me know how you go,

(I removed your reg-key from your signature, only the order number is needed for support!)

Cheers

Tim

I have tried installing both and I still get the same message that "FTX Central has stopped working" before it even has a chance to open. I had this same problem with the control panel for Bowerman airport free scenery. I will try uninstalling all ORBX scenery and reinstalling

Hi David,

Most odd, can I confirm a few things?..

1 - You are running Windows7, with all updates?

2 - FSX installed with both servicepacks, or a copy of FSX-Gold/Acceleration is installed?

3 - have you moved the FSX folder since installing it?

@ biggestal, to avoid confusion and to provide the best support for our customers we ask that you make a new thread for your issue, please use the P3D section here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/130-prepar3d%C2%AE-support-forum/  thanks!

Hi David,

That looks OK,

Lets try a few more things:

1 - Check UAC is turned [off], to do this type 'UAC' into the windows search box, if its not, switch it off and reboot before trying FTXcentral again

2 - Try running FTXcentral as 'an admin', to do this right-click the FTXcentral icon>>Properties>>Compatibility>>Privilege Level>> and tick the box marked "Run this program as an administrator"

3 - Try switching off your antivirus program (if you use one), reboot, and try again

4 - Is your Windows7 fully updated via Windows-update?

5 - And lastly when you get the error message pop up, let it look for a 'solution' and afterwards you should get a crash report, if you can copy-paste that here we can take a look

You can mark this one as solved because it finally worked. I think I did most of that list already but after doing something FTX Central finally loaded and installed everything and it looks amazing! Thank you so much! biggestal I hope the list that Tim Harris posted helps out

Archived