Scenery.cfg error after region switch with FTX Central

Poova

Every time that I use FTX Central to switch between regions in FSX, the next time that I run FSX I get this error:

"SCENERY.CFG file error.  Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.235.  Click OK to continue."

I press OK and everything works well.  I have to edit the scenery library and remove the incorrect entry to get rid of the error.  The invalid entry is always located just before my first FTX scenery entry which is FTXAA_AIRPORTS.  

How do I prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

That message normally happens if you manually delete a scenery folder but fail to also remove the scenery library entry for it,

What is the name of the entry in the scenery library you are removing?, you should only have to go into the FSX scenery library (in-game settings) and delete it

Tim -

Thanks for the quick reply!

I haven't deleted or removed any scenery recently.  I may have done so in the past, but not in the last couple of months.  The problem has started in the last few weeks.  Any other ideas?  Would it help to reset the FTX insertion point in FTX Central?  

Thanks again,

Scott

Hi Scott,

"SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.235. Click OK to continue."

Is that still the only error message you get?

To resolve this one browse to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and open up Scenery.cfg with 'Notepad'

Scroll down through the list until you get to [Area.235], and in that section you'll see Title=xxxxxxx and Local=xxxxxxx >> this should tell you what scenery it is

Once you know what it is, you can now go remove the entry from the FSX scenery library (in FSX settings)

Hi Scott,   Is that still the only error message you get?   To resolve this one browse to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and open up Scenery.cfg with 'Notepad' Scroll down through the list until you get to [Area.235], and in that section you'll see Title=xxxxxxx and Local=xxxxxxx >> this should tell you what scenery it is Once you know what it is, you can now go remove the entry from the FSX scenery library (in FSX settings)

That is still the only error message I get. The Title and Local fields for the scenry entry are blank. How is FTX Central creating this entry in my scenery.cfg file?

Archived