England - Scotland Wave Effects

fltsimguy

I have only just recently started flying in these areas again, using low and slow following coastlines taking in the scenery.

I noticed some waves but not everywhere.  Those waves I did notice appeared to be default swoosh files.

In PNW Holger built in some custom waves that worked superbly along rockly coastlines.

Are we supposed to see waves similar to PNW?  Are we supposed to see waves everywhere because I am not seeing them except in a few places...ie beach coastlines but not rock faces?

cheers

Bryan

I have only just recently started flying in these areas again, using low and slow following coastlines taking in the scenery.

I noticed some waves but not everywhere.  Those waves I did notice appeared to be default swoosh files.

In PNW Holger built in some custom waves that worked superbly along rockly coastlines.

Are we supposed to see waves similar to PNW?  Are we supposed to see waves everywhere because I am not seeing them except in a few places...ie beach coastlines but not rock faces?

Scotland is using the default waves effects, but not everywhere. Waves have been added to basically all "outside" shores, meaning rocky shores inside the sounds/inlets won't have any waves applied to them.

There have been some discussions about the customized PNW wave effect in the past. Some like them, some don't, so we switched back to the default wave effects here. But if you have both (PNW and SCO) installed you can rather easily change the wave effects applied to the respective shore line types by doing some edits in your terrain.cfg (at your own risk). Just replace the wave effect applied for the GB shores by that used for the PNW shores.

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha...that helps alot...explains what I have been seeing.

I can make those changes as you mentioned, no problem now that I know what is happening.  Thanks for that info.

Archived