Not receiving messages but "Following Forum"

fltsimguy

I know this might not be the correct place to post this message...but I don't know exactly what to do.

I have selected "follow forum" and for years have always received update instant email notifications on new messages.

Suddenly it has stopped! Yet I am still checked as following the forum.

Any ideas why this feature would suddenly stop work.  Could it be some sort of Windows 7 update for instance that has impacted my Firefox browser or email or something.

That was changed by design, when a forum gets followed by 10000+ members and an email has to be sent out for each and every single one on a daily basis, with 42+ topics being started averaging you can imagine what load that would put up on the IPB software. Inline notification is the only one available for that function.

Just to add to it, I am working on a possibility of offloading the email pressure to somewhere else but for this moment, that is how it is

Hi Jay just checking back here and see your response.  For my clarification, because I have no idea to what you are referring, what is "Inline notification is the only one available for that function."?  Does that mean for each topic a person wishes to follow they must click "follow this topic".

If so, then I have been clicking several topics and I am still not getting updates of those threads.  LIke this one, I haven't got an update even though I am "following", I have to scroll through the site looking for the topic to find it.

Archived