OZx and FTX Central

normandean

In the tools menu of the FTX Central there is an option to set the insertion point for the FTX folders and also the OZx folders. On the front screen, when you change FTXC from any region to default there is the option to disable OZx with default, and I have always used these options. However, I have now installed the V3.4 of OZx and decided to check that it was installing correctly when I was using the FTX Oceania scenery. I found that only the OZx AUS folder was inserted into the scenery library, so I added the OZx NA and OZx library entries manually. On using FTXC to return to default I found that all the OZx entries had also been removed from the scenery.cfg, which was what I had expected. However, on setting the FTXC to Oceania again only the OZx AUS folder was inserted, no OZx NA nor OZx Library. I therefore decided to again manually insert those folders and after closing FSX and before setting FTXC to default I un-ticked the option to make OZx inactive. On examining the scenery.cfg file I found that all OZx entries had still been removed regardless. On running FTXC the OZx AUS folder was again inserted, but no OZx NA nor OZx library. Thus, If I want to use any of the FTX regions with OZx I have to insert the OZx region, if it is not the AUS folder, and also the library manually before use.

Exactly the same thing happens if I set FTXC to North America, only the OZx AUS folder is inserted not the NA nor the library.

Although I have only noticed this after installing OZx v3.4 it does explain why I have seen, beforehand, that some of the OZx specific scenery objects have been missing (I had thought that it was due to my settings being too low).

There is no problem with the FTXC either inserting or removing the FTX folders, only OZx.

Obviously this is not intended, so has anyone else this problem and if so what is the workaround?

Norman

Well, I have looked at this for hours, but within a few minutes of placing the above post I found the answer, well... almost.

In the ORBX\scripts folder there is a file scenerylib_!OZx.cfg and looking at this I found that there was a template of the scenery.cfg entry for OZx AUS. I amended this file so that the other two OZx scenery.cfg entries were included. Now on running FTXC for both Oceania and North American I get the three OZx entries in the scenery.cfg file just above the FTX folders. On resetting FTXC to default all the entries are removed, including OZx. The one thing that I haven't sorted, and there may be a reason for this, is that no matter what order I make the entries in the scenerlib_!OZx.cfg document the order in the scenery,cfg is always OZx_NA lowest, then OZx_LIB and then OZx_AUS at the top. I would have thought that the LIB entry should be lower, but, as I say, there may be a reason for this.

What I don't understand is how this happened in the first place. Any ideas?

Norman

Archived