Ditches alongside KDPX (Portland, OR)Runways

Hi again pilots and techs...

I finally decided to DL the Free KPDX (Portland.Or) FTX textures and attached is what I see along side each runway at KDPX.   Is this normal or is there a fix? 

Bw7lv.jpg

I saw another FTX thread a fellow airman was having with his KPDX elevation  and the advice was to "remove any file in FTX/Scenery/World/Scenery that had "KPDX  and elevation" in the file name.  I did this!  I removed one such file but I  still see ditches along side all runways. (I reinstalled the file since it made no difference,)  

I made sure FTX Central was at "default" scenery before the install of KDPX.  I see the ditches when FTX Central is set to "Default" as well was when it is set to "North America."

Any help appreciated.

kosmo007

Just looked at flightsim.com and see there is a replacement AFCAD for the Sidney Schwartz et al Portland 2010 FS9 airport but if this is what your speaking of you have to have the FS9 airport file installed and replace the AFCAD file with the new one for FSX just the AFCAD alone will not work.

Hi all

thanks for your interest.  

I called the FTX Free DL "KPDX" and that was my mistake!  It was "Portland City Scape"  by Tim Harris.  I'd seen this freebe for months and got it into my head that it was the Portland Int. Airport!  

Anyway I reinstalled PCS snd the 2nd time was the charm....everything appears OK now with no more unsightly "trenches" running along the runways. 

Sometimes I think we need to do a complete power down/ip reboot to get all the files and folders co-ordinated.  My Portland area is looking good and running great now!  Thanks for all the input!

Kosmo007.  

Archived