How to remove traffic?

Guest Private-Cowboy

Guest Private-Cowboy

Hi there,

I'd like to uninstall/remove FTX traffic to free up some space for REX - I mainly fly without traffic anyway to save fps on my humble subnotebook.

I've read the pdf and saw the steps needed. However there are a few questions left...

1.) I deleted the shortcut to the AI config tool (dumn me) and now, when I run the exe, I only get an error saying "no configuration file specified". So I cannot enable to FSX traffic the control-tool-way. However I've seen the file "trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI". DO I simply rename it to "trafficAircraft.bg" to get my FSX-traffic back?

2.) There are files that would not be removed following the steps in the pdf. This would be "orbx_cpl_ftxai.xml", "OrbxAIConfigurator.exe" and "OrbxControlPanel.exe". I think those are part of the traffic package, aren't they? Can they be deleted too?

3.) There is an ORBX file where the FSX traffic bgl is located - "AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX_ALT.BGL" - does that has anything to do with the AI traffic package? In other words are there any files part of the traffic package elsewhere that should be deleted? I've the feeling the steps in the pdf are not really complete.

Best regards.

DO I simply rename it to "trafficAircraft.bg" to get my FSX-traffic back?

Yes

This would be "orbx_cpl_ftxai.xml", "OrbxAIConfigurator.exe" and "OrbxControlPanel.exe". I think those are part of the traffic package, aren't they? Can they be deleted too?

Only orbx_cpl_ftxai.xml and OrbxAIConfigurator.exe can be deleted.

There is an ORBX file where the FSX traffic bgl is located - "AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX_ALT.BGL" - does that has anything to do with the AI traffic package?

No, don't touch that file, it's part of an FTX region fix.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Thanks for the help. What does the "OrbxControlPanel.exe" do then? It has been installed by the AI package if I remember correctly.

Archived