FSX Not Starting after AU Install - Sweet FX?

ba757

Hi Guys

I purchased and installed AU SP4 yesterday and found to my horror that I couldn't start FSX after installation, even if I switched to FSX Default in FTX Central. Cue massive panic and palpitations (I've spent the last 6 weeks re-installing and tweaking!) but eventually I found a thread on this forum mentioning a similar issue.

It turned out Sweet FX was the culprit. When I moved the SweetFX files out of the FSX directory, everything started just fine. Panic over, but doesn't really solve the issue as I was happily using SweetFX in tandem with FTX ENG prior to the AU installation. Now, even if I set FTX Central to default or EU, FSX still won't start if the SweetFX files are present in the FSX directory.

Is there a workaround for this? I don't want to have to stop using SweetFX if it can be helped at all.

Appreciate your help.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I purchased and installed AU SP4 yesterday and found to my horror that I couldn't start FSX after installation, even if I switched to FSX Default in FTX Central. Cue massive panic and palpitations (I've spent the last 6 weeks re-installing and tweaking!) but eventually I found a thread on this forum mentioning a similar issue.

It turned out Sweet FX was the culprit. When I moved the SweetFX files out of the FSX directory, everything started just fine. Panic over, but doesn't really solve the issue as I was happily using SweetFX in tandem with FTX ENG prior to the AU installation. Now, even if I set FTX Central to default or EU, FSX still won't start if the SweetFX files are present in the FSX directory.

Is there a workaround for this? I don't want to have to stop using SweetFX if it can be helped at all.

Appreciate your help.

Martin

Hi Martin,

The same thing to me today also. After installing AU SP4, FSX would start then crash to desktop and wouldn't stay running. I asked for help here on the forum, but no onr has responsed. So I started looking thru past post and found your post, like you I use Sweet FX to and tried what you did and now FSX is working once more. I to do not want to stop using Sweet FX. IF I find a solution I will get back to you with it. And if you do hope you will let me know also.

Thanks Dana

Spirit - there isn't a crash as such, the app just doesn't launch.

And Dana - I don't know what I did but all is well now. I deleted all of the SFX files and redownloaded and no problem!

Spirit - there isn't a crash as such, the app just doesn't launch.

And Dana - I don't know what I did but all is well now. I deleted all of the SFX files and redownloaded and no problem!

Same here, I just logged on to tell you what I have done and all I did was delete the old SFX file and downloaded a new fresh file and it is working once more. Life is great again!!! AU SP4 and Sweet FX running great!!! Cheers.

Dana

Archived