Northern California Airports

Hi ORBX NCA Development Team ,

I read on a forum post about the FTX NCA, that the airports have been basically completed. It also stated that there was a list of other "attn airports". If I'm not mistaken does that mean a list of add in airports, airports that are purchased separately. If so, if I may ask, are Sacramento International Airport and Stockton Metropolitan Airport included on the list of NCA payware airports. Sacramento is a beautiful airport ( especially Terminal B ) and surprisingly has been neglected by developers in the FS community. I have made requests on other developers forums but I always get replies saying its not big enough for the upcoming PMDG 777 and I get referred to a crappy FS 2004 cartoonish looking airport with flickering runways. By the way it is the busiest commercial airport in the Sacramento and San Joaquin valley.

Anyways on to the next aiport which is Stockton Metropolitan Airport. This airport is located in the port city of Stockton. Stockton has one of the longest runways in Northern California stretching up to 11,000 feet long (if counting the displaced thresh hold and blast pads). For the airports over two mile long runway it only has one airline and is a relatively busy GA airport. There is also a general aviation runway parallel to 11L/29R (long runway) that is almost 5000 feet and is the busiest runway at the airport. Stockton is a favored practice airport for some pilots such as GA and private jet pilots. This is because of the long runway and not alot of traffic congestion.

This airport is in my hometown and where I currently reside and would love to see it in my sim produced by the BEST development group out there. Thank you for your time to read my post and I am sorry for the legnth of this post since there was a lot to get out to you guys. Can't wait for the FTX NCA as a lot of other Northern Californian flight simmers are.

Sincerely,

Wannabeaswapilot

I'd love to see an updated version of KSMF too since it's literally right around the corner from me (ok 10 minutes up the freeway).  In the meantime I've been using a scenery I found over at AVSIM in the FSX AFCAD section filename is swva_ksmf_301248.zip and it includes a version of the new terminal.  One thing I haven't tested is before on the default airport I was using an ILS fix for 16R being offset from Jim Vile (also available at Avsim) but I haven't tested 16R's ILS since removing it and putting the new airport in.  

Archived