Returning to FSX after a long break - Little Bit of Help Required Please - Decent RoadsTextures

Hello Fellow Flight Simmers,

Now that one of the other forum members has pointed me in the right direction for grass textures, I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get some decent road textures wherever I am flying. 

Every time I get low enough say when I am flying around Melbourne, all the roads seem to look like is just big grey blurs with no definitions or anything..

Now that I ma back into Flight Sim and will be a lot more, I really want to now make this the best experience possible so can anyone tell me how to make the roads/highways a little bit more realistic.

Cheers,

Chris

Try moving your texture resolution slider in FSX to 7cm since all FSX roads are at that resolution and will display more crisply at a higher slider setting. Note that moving this slider to 7cm has no performance impact; if the sim cannot find 7cm textures it defers to the next highest available.

Thank you for that John, much appreciated.

I tried that and moved it all the way to 7cm as you suggested and at best it went from very blurry to not so blurry however it still looks like a blur even when I am flying at say 50 feet.

When you say if the Sim cannot find 7cm textures and it defers to the next highest available, is there an addon or something that I can use that will make the roads look a bit more crispy so to speak.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived