Stirling Range National Park

The Stirling Range is located in the south-western corner of Western Australia. It is about 80km north of the coastal town of Albany and about 400km south-east from the state capital, Perth. The closest towns are Borden or Mt Barker. It has some of the best mountain walks in Western Australia, but walkers must always carry water and be prepared for sudden weather changes. You can get mountain mists, wind chill and rain at any time. In winter, there's occasional snowfall.

Posted Image

The Stirling Range is a series of craggy peaks that rise above a flat region of farmland. The range is a significant botanical reserve containing a wide variety of fauna. The best known feature of the park is Bluff Knoll, which is the highest peak in the southern half of Western Australia.

Posted Image

A major highway runs through the centre of the park. The peaks west of the highway are isolated towers and mainly visited as day walks. To the east of the highway is a high ridge providing some rocky towers which is a popular but tough walking destination.

Wow, wow, wow,

Until 2 months ago, I was project managing a few of sites between, Borden, Gnowangerup, Gairdner River, Ongerup and Albany.  I spent the best part of a year in that area travelling back and forth to Perth weekly.  You guys have done a brilliant job, congrats to all involved.

Could someone please tell me if the airstrip at Kojonup (on the Albany Highway) is included.

Thanks a million Bazzam for the screenies, they sure bring back some memories.

Thanks guys, brilliant job.

Cheers,

Could someone please tell me if the airstrip at Kojonup (on the Albany Highway) is included.

G'day Chris,

Unfortunately the satelite imagery of Kojonup is not of sufficient resolution to create one of our little freeware airstrips. Also checked out Katanning, Cranbrook and Gnowangerup with no luck.

Archived