[FTX England] Access to terrain cfg denied

Andyleigh

Hi
I have installed Orbx England twice now. I have Administrater rights I have installed as Administrater, I have disabled all user security. I have given full rights to all fsx files. Still I get terrain.cfg access denied! I have been trying all night to get ORBX England to instal correctly. I can not

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure exactly what your saying,  but I'll asssume you have;

1. turned off your anti virus,

2. right clicked on the installation file and selected, 'run as administrator'.

3. During the setup process, it stops and gives you the 'terrain.cfg access denied'  and then the installation stops.

If all is how it's happening,  then I'm going to assume the terrain.cfg file is probably set to read only, sometimes, this happens when previously installing other scenery.

never come across it with Orbx stuff before.

First thing, I would locate the terrain.cfg file in FSX,  right click and then properties etc.  and  see if the 'read only' box is checked, also check security settings to see if your denied access at all.

To save you a headache,  if it is in fact, checked read only, uncheck save and exit. Before trying the installer for another time, go back and see if it has returned.

Let us know if this works, or if it is coming back  'read only'  even if you change it.

The user account control of win 7 etc, does not give you full elevated permissions, even if you are logged on as Administrator,  this is by design, and meant to save us all from intruders.

hence the right click and 'run as admin' option.   The real elevated admin account in Windows 7 is hidden and locked and can only be accessed through cmd prompt.

There are a couple of ways around this, but really need to know what the security settings on that file are first.

Ron.

Archived