SAK Seward mesh problem?

FLighT

Is this the way PAWD is supposed to look? I did a search under Seward and came up with a couple of posts about incompatibility with UTX, but as I have never installed UTX on this box that can’t have anything to do with it. I do have FSGenesis 38 meter mesh for Alaska and their ATAP for SEAK adjustment pack for airports. I did disengage the FSG ATAP in the FSX scenery library before I installed SAK (along with Aerosoft Anchorage) and have not turned them back on. I even took the FSX/Addon Scenery/Scener y/FSG_ATAP_SEAK FSG files PAWD_ADEX_FSG.BGL  and  PAWD_ADEX_FSG_CVX.bgl  and renamed them to .OFF and .off. This effected no change.

The first picture shows pretty steep side walls along the runways but if you look at the #13 on the runway it looks like there is an underpass under the runway to a swale alongside runway 16. The second picture shows this more clearly. It even looks like the side of most of runway 13 is undercut beneath the runway, not even straight up and down. Tough to show with a still shot, easy to see when panning.

The third screen shows the plane on the ground under the fence. The fence appears to be up off the ground for its entire length.

All FTX entries are above all other sceneries including Tongass Fjords. My display mesh setting is 5M. I assume the SAK mesh is on the order of 20M and so should automatically override FSG’s 38M mesh. After installing SAK I started my tour in Tongass working my way up the coast hitting every A/P along the way, this is the first visual issue I've run into.

1iYu.jpg

SFiON.jpg

mA7V.jpg

short and simple answer, that's not how it's supposed to look.

couple of usual suspects are most likely the culprits

you have a third party addon with an APX file for PAWD, some AI proggies are renowned for adding stuff which leads to this kind of "issues"
other option somewhere with the install you made a wrong turn and the bgl's aren't switching

do a search for PAWD and see what comes up, anything not tagged FTX or orbx is suspect

check when switched to NA in your .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder the following file ADE_FTX_SAK_PAWD_elevation_adjustment

has a .BGL extension instead of .OFF

Found it!

The FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery folder: ADE_FTX_SAK_PAWD_elevation_adjustment.BGL was fine.

The problem was PAWD_ADEX_FSG_ALT.bgl. Even though I had turned all of FSG ATAP adjustment files off in the scenery library, this was still active for some reason.

Changed to .off and all is fine now at Seward.

Thanks.

Archived