Sudden "OOM" After Installing Fall City?

Cavalierman

Hi all,

Hoping for some help here.

Installed Fall City the other day, and after installing that scenery I am getting the dreaded OOM error.  I don't think it is my computer because my system is the following:

Windows 7 64 Bit

Intel Xenon 3.30ghz 8 core processor

16 gigabytes of Ram

2 Gig Nvidia Quadro graphic card.

Hoping for some help here -- I know there's some wizards on these forums that will help fix it....

Orbx Fall City order number:

FSS0215418

Thanks in advance for any help.  :)

Okay --- odd update...

Seems this happens with REX Real world weather for some reason.  When I use a weather theme from Orbx it seems fine.  Odd.  Hoping this can be fixed.  Just thought I'd throw that one out there if it helps diagnose.

sometimes, just sometimes your system is trying to pack a truckload of textures and other files for your fsX as the RAM limit for fsX is about 4 Gig's, you can start counting, heavy weather settings are a killer on any system how fast or state of the art it may be.

you could also "inject" the texture set from REX into your flightsim, create your own "Theme" and when going flying select Real Weather in fsX, less of a load on your system, this of course for testing purposes.

looking at your specs with all the parafanalia running the 3.3 cpu will struggle so set your sliders a notch or two lower and start testing what the effects are when you up them, I'd advice a lil notepad and write down what you do change so you can retrace your steps.

also the less stuff is running in the background the better, check the number of running programs in the background when you have all this fired up, to give you an idea at my end I have 37 processes running, if you are using a quad core, make sure Hypertrading is switched off in your BIOS, this is only a heat generator and doesn't do diddly for fsX. have a read at Blackviper.com

you'll have to tinker this out at your end alas with all the different systems around there is no "one size fits all" solution, we can merely try and guide you in the right direction, but it takes time and some trail end error to get to fsX nirvana if it's there.

Thanks Wolter.  Will do.  It was running perfectly before that.  I just find it odd.

I'll see what happens adjusting some things.  Airline traffic is usually not important to me, so I'll start with that and maybe some other sliders.  Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep you posted.

Okay, made some changes.  Dropped the Airline traffic to non existent since I don't usually fly airliners.  That fixed it for me, after that, I'm able to run everything on max again.  Also not sure too, but I ran the Microsoft "Fix It" utillity and that might have had something to do with it.  All set though, I hope (Keeping my fingers crossed) but for now, you can stick a fork in this one, it's done. :)

Archived