Cardiff airport: grass behind the clouds

bvdboomen

I have this weird problem: The grass of Cardiff airport is growing behind the clouds and plane. I searched the forum but no results.

There's no problem in the PNW scene.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Cardiff_Grass_Behind_Clouds.jpg

At such a close to the ground angle, and with the grass so close to the camera, the sim will not be able to Z-sort the transparencies of the clouds and the grass.

Not much that can be done to improve things with the low angle of the screenshot, I suspect.

Ian, thanks for the reply and I really would like to believe you.

The grass further away has the same issue and for what I can see in my PNW screenshots, that grass has not.

I will make a similar screenshot tonight from the PNW scene to watch closely.

I've tested it in PNW on Bowerman and almost the same issue there so Ian is partly right. At a certain (zoom)point some grass (not all of it) disappears behind the plane.

All in all, the PNW grass behaves differently then the Wales Cardiff grass.

Here we see no grass behind the clouds or the plane:

Bowerman_Grass.jpg

On this one, some of the grass, mainly the yellow flowers, disappear behind the plane, while the grass stays in the front:

Bowerman_Some_Grass_behind.jpg

The problem can be solved by not taking such extreme low positions for screenshots.  ^-^ It just caught my attention.

I have seen this too...

Some scenery exhibits this, some doesn't... for example, I found that a number of the England airfields released recently do not have the issue, but Cardiff does...

I like the "view  through the grass" sometimes, as a former professional photographer, I like getting low down in the real world too...

A

Archived