KWYS Runway Texture Issue

Ty89m

Hi all, as a Montana native, I just had to pick up KWYS!  Great scenery, though I'm having a bit of trouble with the photoscenery runway texture showing at certain viewing angles.  For instance, in the cockpit of the NGX, if I pan up and look towards the sky, the gmax poly runway and taxiways show as they should, though if I look down towards the rudder pedals, the photoscenery shows through.  Obvisouly this doesn't look so hot.  Same thing is spot/locked spot view, if you pan the camera down as far as it'll go, the gmax runway/taxiways vanish. 

I'm NOT using CRM, as I use photoscenery, though I do have PNW and several other airports, so I have FTX Central.  KWYS was not added manually to the scenery library.  I'm using 5m mesh, 100% mesh resolution, and 15cm ground resolution.  Any ideas?

I will add, I have the flashing runway issues that others are experiencing at other Orbx airfields, though NOT at KWYS.  Thee poly runway/taxiways are either there, or they're not.  No flashing.

Thanks!

Ty

Yes, all depent on viewing angle.  I'm fully aware of what I miss out on without having the CRM... and it was never stated that textures wouldn't function properly.  I like the the Orbx region packs, they're very well done, but I much prefer photoscenery.  So basically what you're saying is I pretty much have to purchase CRM before I'll get support on my airfield purchase? 

I'm glad these airports function at all.  They're by far the best scenery addons available, and having to give up my prefered scenery method (photoscenery) to enjoy them would be a real shame.  If you have any ideas I'd appreciate you letting me know. 

No not at all, its just we only design airports using the base regionpack to build over, so all elevations/services/autogen etc are developed with the idea that the regionpack sits below, its just how we do it, so I'm more than happy to assist, but just be aware you are using the product in an non-intended manner, thats all :)

Does the same issue happen during daytime? or just in dusk/dawn

I'm actually having a hard time trying to replicate this, both with and without CRM active!, time for some more questions:

DX10?, 3rd party mesh?, any kind of Avsim tweaks?, can you also just to rule out any conflict run a search for KWYS in your main FSX folder and see if you have anything that is outside of the 'Orbx' folder

Hi Ty,

Another thought: try temporarily disabling your photoreal addon and see if that impacts anything. With a third party photoreal addon there may be LOD fighting which is when multiple photoreals of varying resolutions are stacked on top of each other. It's possible that this may be happening at more extreme viewing angles.

Thanks guys, I'm not using any 3rd party mesh, only tweaks are the Bjote fsx.cfg tweaks. I'll try disabling my other photoscenery for that area to see if that resolves the issue. Not sure why I didn't try that before. I'll let you know! Thanks again!

Archived