Default.xml

bonanzapilot

Hello,

I purchased Orbx PNW yesterday and have been trying to get it installed. It installs successfully but when I go into FTXCentral to enable the textures I get an error stating "Could not find a part of the path C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\Default.xml. I have redownloaded and reinstalled a few times with still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. 

Hi there,

sorry to hear of your woes there.

please try the attached patch prior to re-installing the PNW scenery package,

FTX_Default_xml_patch.zip

Also do not forget to also install the latest PNW.005 patch and the latest library files last of all.

All updates and patches for FTX are available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Thank you very much. This fixed the problem. I went for a test flight and absolutely love the scenery. However, yesterday, I did a full flight from Denver-Seattle. As I was descending I noticed white patches on the ground as if the scenery hadn't loaded in that spot. However, a few seconds later it would load and the patch would move? Any ideas what that might be? 

Thanks for the help. 

Hi,

Pleased to hear it all worked out for you :)

Scenery loading times can be very dependant on your hardware and settings, as I do not know your setup it is a wee bit difficult to pinpoint what the cause could be.

to give you an idea see my Sig where I have listed my setup.

Archived