Installing Error

Hondo

Hi Guys,

I just bought Australia SP4 and when installing I get the following error at the end even though it says the install was successful.

"Error in Procedure CleanFTX: Object reference not set to an instance of an Object"

When I try to install one of the freeware airports (YMLT) I get the same the error.

When I first tried to install Australia SP4 it crashed half way through and I had to start the install from scratch and now I keep getting this error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hondo

No I didn't. I'm just d/l them now. Little confused on the order how things are meant to be installed.

Can you please confirm if this is the correct order.

1. Scenery + Service packs

2. Airports

3. Library files

also if I purchase payware airports later do I need to set it to the correct scenery in ftx central before installing the airports in that region? Once new airports have been installed am I supposed

to re-install Library files.

I'm just totally confused after reading other posts here.

Hi, I have this same issue. I have Australia SP4 and when I installed, I got the same error ( Error in Procedure CleanFTX: Object reference not set to an instance of an Object). When I stalled the Service pack 2, I got the same error. What's happening?

I'm actually not sure. I've been waiting for someone that might know how to fix this to reply back. In a way im relieved that im not the only one having this issue.

While I was waiting I decided to uninstall all ORBX products as per below FAQ and start all over again.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

I really didn't want to do this but I'm starting the install shortly. I'll report back if this works for me.

The only time I have seen this error is when some nasty malware somehow corrupted the Microsoft . Net 3.5.

The bug was removed , but I had to re install the dot Net 3.5 and that fixed the error.

this is dot net 3.5 sp 1.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

Not sure if it's related to FTX, but maybe worth re installing.

Ron.

Hi Mate,

I didnt see the .NET 3.5 re-install suggestion till later. By that time I had uninstall all of ORBX scenery and airports. I have done the re-install and it seems to be ok but been getting a slightly different error now.

Its complaining that some .BLG or . OFF file already exist.

Thanks,

Hi Wolter,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have done this and it seems to ok now. I purchased few more airports and sceneray and will be installing them shortly. If I get the error again I'll report back.

Thanks,

Hondo

Archived