FTX Central Errors

DetCord

I recently performed a clean install of FSX following recent FTX issues, the correct way I might add, and I'm running into problems when selecting the terrain. I was also getting a Unhandled Exception numerous times in FTX Central, however, I'm unable to reproduce it for a sixth time. I'll keep trying though.

This is the error cropping up when selecting Default from Europe or vice-versa (sometimes not all). Also, the error isn't always the same as you can see in the screen below the first. In fact, the error in question is never reffering to the same .dds file.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, the scenery simply isn't working and or initialized properly (Cardiff).

Posted Image

The scenery insertion points are at the top of the list in both FTX Central and in FSX, and the Config validates every time.

Hi,

Check and see if the folder is there? (E:\Games\microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\)

if its not there please create it, if it is see if you can create a new file in there.

another thing is try and run FTX Central as admin.

Paul

Hi,

It will only ask for it the first time you install it (unless you format your pc)

Are there any files in that folder? if so check and see if they are marked as "read-only" the error you are getting is due to a permission error.

You may need to reset the permission on the fsx folder.

Paul

access denied means the file is there but you do not have enough rights to access it, make sure you have admin rights and rightclick the folder and take ownership or untick the read only box

One, don't you feel dumb! Two, look at you!

Thanks matey, that certainly fixed it all. Can't believe something as simple as that was the pervasive issue all along. It might behoove of you and or the other mods to make a sticky related to this topic, so as to avoid further threads like this.

That said, I'm running into this issue as well, though not related to the topic at hand but hopefully someone can comment on it. I've tried the various grass settings to no effect, and the sprites still seem to appear in a blocky render.

Posted Image

Glad its fixed.

If that picture is of Cardiff airport its because the 3d grass is not directx 10 compatible, either turn off the grass or turn off directx 10.

Paul

Ah, regards mate. Cheers!

EDIT - Thanks for the speedy responses gents, excellent CS all around.

Archived