AI Embraer has mutiple names

Have just loaded latest Traffic 3.23 and latest library. When I open FS it is blocked by a caption that says "There are multiple objects with the same name. They must have unique title names. FTX AI Embraer 110 King Island Air Sim Objects\ Airplanes\FTX Embraer EMB110". If I click it about 6 times it goes away and I can open FS. Appears something somewhere is duplicated.

That would indicate the clean up script has not removed the older EMB110 folder. Go to your SimObjects\Airplanes folder and see if you have two similarly titled folders for the Embraer 110. The correct one should be named FTX Embraer EMB-110. If you have a second similarly named folder, (I think it could be titled FTX Embraer 110 from memory) you can delete it.

Thanks Graham. This appears also the case with the following :- FTX Embraer 120 Air North(EMB-120), AI Embraer 190 Virgin Australia (ERJ-190), FTX AI Fokker F100 Sky West, and AI Fokker F50 SkyWest and Fokker F50 Alliance. Thats all I can see. Could you confirm if there are any more?

Those aircraft are the final 5 to be removed by the cleanup script as we now have newer improved aircraft models from Aardvark over the earlier Project AI ones. Strange thing is that there were 20 or so other folders to be removed as well and replaced with newer models and they seem to have been removed properly by the script.

You could install the latest AI Traffic update again and see if a second go removes the files, there should be no problem installing over the top of your current files.

If that doesn't work, you could just remove the surplus folders making sure you remove the correct ones. A check of the modified date for each of the aircraft.config files within the respective aircraft folders will assist in determining which to remove. The older versions of each aircraft are the ones that should be deleted.

Archived