Minor problem: FTX Lights Tweaker Unhandled Exception

FleetingThought

Hi, just had this problem for the first time (note I am running REX Essentials+ with Overdrive as well, no other scenery add-ons but ORBX):

Faulting application name: FTXLights.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x47c5f65e

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988aa6

Exception code: 0xe0434f4d

Fault offset: 0x000000000003811c

Faulting process id: 0x1a5c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce334aa622dc4d

Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXLights.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

I seem to have been able to change the lights, but get this error only on exit from the FSX Lights Tweaker tool within FTX Central (latest ORBXLIBS installed).

Googling on the web suggests this is generated by .NET Framework.....?

Thanks for letting me know if you have any insights, not a big deal.

Hi Tim,

Turned out to be simpler than that -- I went into the ORBX sub-folder in the FSX folder, found the application itself, r-clicked on it and set it to run with Administrator privileges (seems to be the cure for almost all mysteries on Win8 these days! <g>), and now it's working fine.

That also fixed my inability to open .PDFs within FTX Central (by doing same to the FTX Central app in ORBX folder).

I installed everything using r-click/run as Administrator, but apparently that doesn't mean the applications themselves will be set as same after installation.

Thanks for your quick reply, in any event! And yes, I keep a close eye on .NET Framework after my fun on my old computer with same. :)

Archived