Only water in Wales

philmurfin

Hello, I have EU England & EU Wales installed on FSX. My problem is that whilst ever I have England checked at any priority level in the scenery library, Wales has no ground textures only airports and water. If I then un-check England, Wales is fine again but of-course, no England! Any ideas please? Thanks Phil

Hi:

That doesn't make much sense. Perhaps a screen shot would help. The ENG / WLS files are installed into the EU directory in the ORBX folder - I assume that you've jiggled the FTX Central from Default to EU? Your install went correctly from an unzipped folder? (Not directly from the zip folder?) Thus all files are sitting in the proper subdirectories? ... FSX>ORBX>FTX_EU... You don't have to "check" or "uncheck" anything nor "set priority level" anywhere. The FTX Central does that for you.

Hi, Yes I certainly extracted all the downloads before installation. and yes I realized that I shouldn't have to set scenery priorites but I tried it just in-case, but no joy!. The land is there, say 5 miles ahead but as I get closer it's replaced by water, leaving me unable to fly directly over it. Further tests show that it's only when the England Mesh is checked that the problem occures. I've already un-installed and re-installed fsx and the scenery completely so I know I don't need to go down that route again. I'll attach screenshots if really needs be but I assure you, all you'll see is water, with land in the near distance. Thanks again Phil

Hi

Why are you posting with 2 accounts? from the terms of use http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/605-orbx-forum-terms-of-use/

9 ) Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

Please pick 1 account and i will get the other account merged.

Can you confirm you have installed the patch's?

Paul

Hi,

1. do you have all the patches installed, there are 2 for England and 1 for Wales.

2. can you tell me the size and number of files for each folder in "{fsx}\ORBX\FTX_EU\" should be 9 folder

3. do you have any other addon's installed

Paul

Hi, Paul, Yes I have all the patches installed and FTX Central confirms that, there are 9 folders and no I have no other addons at all, this is a fresh install. folder 1 FTX_AA_EGFF= 661Mb 169 files - Folder 2 FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY 429Mb 851 files - Folder3 FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX 291Mb 258 files - Folder4 FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH 1.43Gb 10 files - Folder5 FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM 3.4Gb 4090 files - Folder6 FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY227Mb 269 files - Folder7 FTX_EU_WLS_06_CVX 236Mb 226 files - Folder8 FTX_EU_WLS_07_MESH 327Mb 4files - Folder9 FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM 2.57Gb 4100files Hope this helps - Phil

Hi,

I've asked others for any suggestions as im not sure

1st response was what version of fsx do you have? fsx (patched to sp2) or fsx with acceleration

when you did the re-install did you delete all the files or just uninstall and re-install?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm using the Home Deluxe version patched with SP1 & Sp2. I've tried both methods of un-install & re-install with re patching as needed.

If it's going to cause lots of problems then forget it, I'll just fly Wales OR England, but I won't be able to use them both combined.

Although it would have been good to have had it working properly, it's not the end of the world, just the end of a country!

Thanks- Phil

Archived