EGOD still controlled

KSandleben

I made a short hop around Wales and noticed, that while Llanbedr Airbase is closed quite correctly as in the real world, one can still contact tower and request a landing and even select the Airport in the menu with FTX Wales enabled.

I don't think that should be possible.

Hi,

I believe its due to the fact that FSX has its as an active airport (as it was when FSX was first released) i will see if its possible to deactivate contact tower but im pretty sure its not possible without affecting some core files which we don't and won't touch.

Paul

Ah, I thought that might be the reason. If you don't want to make this as a part of an official update, then perhaps you might consider giving tips of how people can achieve it by deactivating it themselves on their individual setups, if they so desire.

Brilliant scenery by the way.

Ah, I thought that might be the reason. If you don't want to make this as a part of an official update, then perhaps you might consider giving tips of how people can achieve it by deactivating it themselves on their individual setups, if they so desire.

Brilliant scenery by the way.

Unfortunately, it's not really a DIY type of operation. The default core files that Paul is referring to also control airports and nav data covering about a third of Great Britain. Making a change to just one airport could really ruin your day if it doesn't work right (trust me!).

Nevertheless we'll see if there's anything that can be done.

Greg

Archived