FPS question

mhockey21

I am new to these forums, but have been into FS for a long time.  I just switched to FSX from FS9, and I am interested in these products.  I just want to know if my PC can handle FSX and the FTX products.  The specs are

MZN-SLI Deluxe

Athalon X2 6000T

2 8800GT SLI

2GB Dual Channel Ram

500 GB Hard drive

Windows Vista 32-Bit

24" Widescreen Monitor

I know its hard to predict FPS, but is there any way of knowing if I will get reasonable FPS?  Any suggestions as to what I should upgrade to make it run smoother?  Thanks ;D

ahhhh yes I should have known that, I do have another question, its not so much to do with the technical stuff, but if I buy AU Green, Gold, and Blue, I can then download the ORBX freeware airports? Or are they automatically in the packages, or are they extra?

Guest Aussieman

Now for my 2 cents worth.

WARNING: Please look at my signature before reading on.

If you have read any previous posts regarding FPS you will see I hate the FPS thing with a passion. My advice is turn the bloody FPS thing off if the sim is running smoothly. I have my FPS set at 25 and FS runs a smooth as a new born baby's bum, and by today's standard I am running a mid range system. But it is due for its annual Christmas upgrade, consisting of a new MOBO, 2 x nVidia9600 1GB video cards to be run SLI (hints dropped to kids mid year  ;D)

As far as I am concerned you only worry about FPS when the FS get the stutters.

Cheers

Pat

Archived