FTX freeware

John York

Up 'til now I hadn't downloaded the four free airports or the A1 Traffic.

Well now I have and I can't tell you how impressed I am.  I've only had one quick look at Redcliff to know what a super job you lot have done on them.  Orbx is by far the best flight sim package available and my only regret is knowing that I'll probably never see it in Europe. :(

Mind you, I think I've more or less decided to emigrate to Australia. Don't worry, it's not for real, only for my flight simming. ;)

There is one thing I should mention. I suppose like many others, for some reason I was only able to get the manual for the A1 package after I had downloaded and run the zip file.  Then I read that before I did any of that I should have renamed the trafficAircraft bgl. which on thinking about it I couldn't have done anyway.  The wording of the first part of that Installation article is somewhat ambiguous.  Panic set in but to alter the name after the event rather than before it, I went to the Scenery/World/Scenery folder with some trepidation.

Anyway, I changed it back to its real name and the FTX A1 control panel seemed to work ok, so I set up a flight from Redcliff.  You guessed it, no, what I would call A1 traffic anywhere, even after I altered the setting to 100%.  I like the touch of having people by the way, and I saw the birds - fantastic.  So I set up a flight from Sydney, there must be A1 traffic there I thought, and low and behold, to my relief, there were two huge and beautiful Quantas airliners standing on either side of me.

So I'm now a very happy bunny;D

Mind you, I still have to check to see if I get my normal FSX default traffic back when I go back to fly in some other part of the world.  But that will have to wait.  I'm off back to Redcliff, wherever that is in Queensland. to continue my journey around the edges of Australia.  I bought a road atlas of Australia today so I should be able to find it easily enough and certainly, it'll be better than that old school world atlas I've been using!

Just tell me to shut up. I know I tend to rattle on.  Old age and writers' instinct I suppose.

Lastly, thanks to you all for doing such a fine job and providing me with so much pleasure during the last couple of months or so.

Best wishes,

John

Too right Alex and I'm supposed to be playing golf tomorrow! :-\  Mind you, I think everyone's going to catch it.  The last time I looked at the forecast it looked as if it was going over the whole Country.  Its already raining here and has been most of the day!  Oh my, do I love our changeable weather........not! :(

Yes I downloaded OZx at the same time as I got the FTX scenery thanks.

Brilliant!

Archived