Milford Sound - Cannot add to scenery library

tripecac

I just downloaded the Milford Sound airport. I have NZSI and NZNI installed. NZSI is patched to the latest update (#2).

For some reason, I cannot add Milford Sound to the scenery library.

I ran the executable, which created e:\games\fsx\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZMF and its Scenery and Texture directories. That looks correct, since it's sitting right next to FTX_AA_NZSI_* and FTX_AA-NZNI_*.

When I look at the Scenery Library, I don't see any entries for Milford Sound (NZMF).

I then followed the steps on page 10 of the PDF, but when I get to step 6 (where we click OK or, in my case since I'm using Windows 7, click on the white space below "Scenery" and "Texture"), I get the following error message:

Path ""E:\games\fsx\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_AA_NZMF"" already exists.

Naturally, that path exists, since that's the directory I'm selecting. Strange.

Note the double quotes ("" instead of "). Could that be significant?

Any ideas how I can add Milford Sound to the scenery library?

If you have a region installed, you do not need to manually add ORBX scenery library entries.

FSX is telling you that the entry is already there.

Try Wolter's suggestion above to reset the scenery lib entries. If that doesn;t fix it, we'll need to see the scenery library entries screenshot.

Did you try and switch FTX Central from Oceania to default fsX and then back to Oceania again ?

Wow, this did it. Now I can see FTX_AA_NZMF and FTX_AA_KHQM right below FTXAA_ORBXLIBS in the scenery list.

Perhaps that trick should be added to the NZMF User Guide?

And while we're at it, could we change page 10 line 4 to refer to FTX_NZ instead of FTX_NA? That typo didn't confuse me, but it might confuse others.

Archived