Orbx New Zealand North Island Water Textures

freded

Order Number: FSS0204764

Order Date: 2013-03-12

I have a similar problem to 'DustBeats' in his posting about water textures.

My recently (12 March 2013) installed Orbx NZ (NI & SI) scenery is showing a problem with the water textures of the coast of North Island - South Island is OK.

Instead of shades of blue, the ocean appears as what I'd describe as sandy desert. This is seen as rectangles only around the northern part of North Island, mainly on the West coast but also to a lesser extent the East coast in FSX's topdown view.

In Spot view, there is texture, viz. varying shades of yellowish brown closer to the coast and this suddenly becomes paler further out to sea. Inland water, i.e. lakes, are also affected, some being 'sandy desert' and others showing water textures going up higher land.

Looking in ...FSX\ORBX\FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM\TEXTURE, there are 40 files from 301b2su1.bmp to 338b2su7.bmp. Should there be more? In the corresponding folder for North Island there are 41 300-series files and there is, as I mentioned above, no problem with the ocean around South Island.

Would a reinstall of North Isalnd be likely to correct these textures? Or is this a known 'bug' in the scenery?

Hope you can help!

Regards,

Mark

Not to worry. :)

I reinstalled NZ NI, ran FTX Central, re-opeened FSX and the correct water textures were in place.

Thanks to all of you who were going to reply to my 'cri de coeur' - but hadn't got round to it... ;)

Wolter,

Thanks for that - I didn't find it till after I had posted my "Not to worry"!

No tsure if I have the latest versions or not. Mine gives me the option of FSX or P3D and the executable file (OrbxFTXNZNI100.exe) is dated 28 July 2012.

Is that the latest? I visited the Freeware page but there's no NZ scenery available there...

Archived