KJAC install question without CRM

GordonGekko

I am thinking about getting KJAC and understand that it can be used like all other ORBX airports without have the base region pack installed underneath it, although so anomalies may exist by doing so.

The question I have however is if I install KJAC without CRM installed (do own PNW), do I need to have the ORBX Control Panel set to Default or North America? What I want to make sure of is that if I am not flying in PNW and have the Control Panel set to default, I want KJAC to still be turned on and active in the the FSX scenery library. What I imagine is that if I install it with the Control Panel set to default is that KJAC will be a normal scenery.cfg entry and will always be active, but if I install it with the Control Panel set to North America, then KJAC will only be active when North America is on and if I set the Control Panel to default then KJAC with not be active. Is that a correct assesment?

I may buy CRM down the road which I am assuming means that I will need to uninstall KJAC, set the control panel to North America, install CRM then install KJAC again, and it will only be active when North America is turned on, correct?

Thanks in advance.

I am thinking about getting KJAC and understand that it can be used like all other ORBX airports without have the base region pack installed underneath it, although so anomalies may exist by doing so.

The question I have however is if I install KJAC without CRM installed (do own PNW), do I need to have the ORBX Control Panel set to Default or North America? What I want to make sure of is that if I am not flying in PNW and have the Control Panel set to default, I want KJAC to still be turned on and active in the the FSX scenery library. What I imagine is that if I install it with the Control Panel set to default is that KJAC will be a normal scenery.cfg entry and will always be active, but if I install it with the Control Panel set to North America, then KJAC will only be active when North America is on and if I set the Control Panel to default then KJAC with not be active. Is that a correct assesment?

I may buy CRM down the road which I am assuming means that I will need to uninstall KJAC, set the control panel to North America, install CRM then install KJAC again, and it will only be active when North America is turned on, correct?

Thanks in advance.

set FTX Central to NA install KJAC and the latest library version

clearly a number of features will be missing from KJAC and surroundings due to CRM not being installed it will be noticable when installed

as for installing CRM on a later date that shouldn't be a problem me thinks

Thanks for the reply Wolter. Just to make sure I undertand, if I do it the way you suggested does the FTX Central need to be turned to NA for KJAC to be used in the sim? In other words, if I have FTX Central turned to Default when I install it, place the KJAC in the scenery library at whatever level I want and keep FTX Central at Default if I am not flying in the PNW will that work as well. The way I understood it is if I install it with NA on and then turn it back to Default, KJAC would be removed from the scenery library when set that way.

What I am trying to accomplish is to be able to fly from say KSEA with PNW off but KJAC on. I can't fly a plane like the NGX out of KSEA with PNW turn on, my computer just can't handle that area with PNW on and with the NGX.

Hope this doens't sound too confusing, my apologies if I didn't explain what I am trying to do. I don't really care too much about the surroundings of the Jackson Hole area or the whole CRM area, that's why I am thinking of not installing it and just want to use KJAC as more or less a stand alone product.

Archived