lclookup.bgl when FTX is set to default

Dazzlercee

Hi,

Is the default lclookup.bgl restored to FSX when FTX Central is set to default?

I ask because my landclass textures in northern Europe are still messed up even when FTX Central is set to default.

I use SceneryTech landclass and suspect a non-default lclookup.bgl is causing the problem.

Thanks.

Daz

Hi Daz,

Yes FTX Central will when set to Default restore lclookup.bgl file, that being said if when set to default another product like "SceneryTech landclass" modifies lclookup.bgl FTX Central will backup and restore that version.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Can you tell me where you store this backup as I think mine may not be the correct version - I would like to replace it.

Do you backup the current lclookup.bgl each time an area is activated or is it a one-off backup at time of installation?

Thanks,

Daz

Hi Daz,

It backup's each time and is stored "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\"

What version of fsx do you use? fsx sp2 or acceleration.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I use Acceleration.

I get the usual landclass corruption outside of England/Wales with FTX set to Europe (which I understand) but was surprised to see the same problem when set to default.

As mentioned I do use SceneryTech landclass, and temporarily disabling the STEU entry in the scenery library solves the problem as far as I can tell. I also realise that SceneryTech has an option to use a modified lclookup file but I cannot remember if I used it or not.

Anyway, I believe that the Default/ST lclookup is not being restored and that I may need to replace the version in your backup folder with the correct version if that makes sense.

Thanks,

Daz

Hi Daz,

It backup's each time and is stored "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\"

What version of fsx do you use? fsx sp2 or acceleration.

Paul

Hi Paul,

My "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\" folder is completely empty.

However, I did find the file in the "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\SCRIPTS\FTXCENTRAL\InstallBackup\" folder.

Is this the correct location (did you tell me the wrong location) or do I have an installation problem?

Regards, Daz

Hi Daz,

That folder is the correct location "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\" it should be empty when FTX Central is set to default but should be full of files when you select a region.

The other folder is a backup from when you first installed FTX Central i believe.

Best bet is to set FTX Central to Default and replace the file lclookup.bgl in "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\" that way the correct file is there in default.

Paul

Hi Daz,

That folder is the correct location "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\" it should be empty when FTX Central is set to default but should be full of files when you select a region.

The other folder is a backup from when you first installed FTX Central i believe.

Best bet is to set FTX Central to Default and replace the file lclookup.bgl in "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\" that way the correct file is there in default.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I thought that and everything is fine.

Somehow, the lclookup in the scenery\base\scenery folder was the FTX version even though FTX Central was set to default.

I kept the folder open in explorer and confirmed that the file swapped OK when switching between default and a region. Fingers crossed it stays like that, but now I know what to do if it doesn't.

Thanks for the help.

Daz

Archived