Problems with rar file after downloading Wales!

mattius

I have been trying to download FTX Wales but keep getting CRC errors when I try to decompress the rar file. I have tried all the mirrors but keep getting the problem. I have tried d/l using ie 10. I have also tried using Getright. It is strange as I don't have problems in downloading similar sized files from other sites. Suggestions most welcome...... Nearly used up my monthly allowance trying to get this damn file! >:(

Hi Mattius,

CRC ( cyclic redundancy check ) errors are usually when the tranmitted file gets corrupted and the checksum does not match, so usually the first place to look is your cables and connection. However, you say no other problems with downloading other files.

The next possibility is the file itself, also this should be OK, as many have downloaded without problems.

This leaves 2 ( very ) remote possibility's, the hard drive where the file is stored has disk errors, Run scandisk and tick 'automatically fix errors'. it will schedule the scan at next startup.

Lastly, the zip program you are using may be at fault, try a different one, or reinstall the current one, even the built in one should work, right click the zip and select 'extract to', point to the folder you created before, or make a new one in a different location.

If still no joy, then ask your ISP provider to do a line check etc.

Is this what you are getting; http://www.computerh...es/ch000430.htm

You also said that you have almost used your quota for the month, double check that the file size does not in fact exceed that quota. check that your downloaded file is same size as posted ie. 2.27gig.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Ron.

Hello Mattius,

if nothing from the above mentioned suggestions should help, try "Total Commander".

You can download it here:

/>http://www.ghisler.com/

Just try it. In any other cases I had success with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same problem with the latest release of winrar for Win7_64Bit

I had corruption errors in the NZSI1.002patch and the latest orbx texture lib and others.

I tried downloading the files with IE9, IE10, Chrome and FDM thinking this may be the issue.

I tried extracting the files with winrar and 2 other 'unzip' programs

Answer:

What I eventually found to work was to delete winrar from your computer, do a restart then use the standard win7 zip extracting program.

All my problems solved.

I had the winrar built into my program file shell, this seemed to be the problem.

good luck

Archived