1 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU

- Delete the 4 x WLS titled folders:

FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_WLS_06_CVX

FTX_EU_WLS_07_MESH

FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts

- Delete scenerylib_EU_WLS

- Run FTXconfigurator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

3 - Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery

- Delete all the "WLS" titled files

Use the same guide to delete any Europe FTX regions

Paul

Thanks Paul, I'll go with that one, cos you should know what you are talking about ::)

I was having problems with FTX Central but I have worked out a work around, when I change areas I get a box come up with an unhandled exception, this started after I installed Whales

To get around this I open FTX Central and select Default then Apply then I select Europe and when I click Apply the box does not show, so each time I want to change the area I just select Default Apply and then the area I want.

Will try the uninstall tomorrow and see if that corrects my FTX Central problem.

Hi,

When switching between regions say Europe and North America i always go to default first i.e Europe > Default > North America that's the safest way but i have test going straight between regions and don't get any errors so if it continues please post the full error message and i'll try and help.

Paul

Hi Paul,

just went to recreate the error and it does not do it anymore, bloody windows.

I do have two shortcuts on my desktop both are FTX Central, one for FSX the other for P3D, should I have the two icons or would one by ok?

Posted Image

just a note - Ive had the unhandled exeption error twice on my current install. It happened once when I first installed Orbx. I had FSX and Accel running and I had installed P3D and then I installed Orbx into FSX and then I did something (cant rememebr) that created the P3DFTXCentral and when I very first hit Oceania or whatever, it gave the unhandled exception. But I closed FTX and ran it again and it worked fine.

The error happened one other time but I dont remember when. Its very intermittent and isnt tied to Wales at all. Not England either.

I wouldnt search too hard for an answer in my opinion.

Thanks sightseer, I will keep my eye open if it happens again I'll grab a pic and all info and post another question, it's not somethnig that should happen, at least I know now that it is not only my system.

Archived