Problems with NA GA Traffic

A few weeks ago I downloaded the freeware NA GA Traffic from the ORBX site, but because I was having problems with the program I uninstalled it. Since then it seems that I have lost all my default airline and general aviation traffic. Fed up with feeling lonely in the skies, I decided to download the latest version but I have again run into problems. First of all the program did not put a control panel on my screen, I have tried to add one from the FTX Central panel without success, how do I add one? Also when I try to untick the "FSX Default traffic" box In the control panel I get the message "Could not switch option"FSX Default Traffic". My computer skills are very limited and I have been unsuccessful in solving these issues, can anyone help? I am wondering if I have got a problem with my FSX files associated with the first unsuccessful download.

Thanks. Cliff

First of all we will get your FSX default AI traffic sorted. Can you go to your Scenery\World\Scenery folder within your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder and locate the file trafficAircraft.bgl. it is 22,615 KB in size so is quite large. Check to see if you have any other variations of this file, eg trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI of the same size. If so, delete one and your Control Panel functionality for the FSX Default AI Traffic should now be ok.

The FTX AI traffic pack sits within your FSX system but does not change any of your FSX or system files apart from the FSX default taffic file mentioned above. The FTX AI Traffic pack can be removed in it's entirety by removing the files as outlined in the User Guide.

If you could be a little more specific on the problems you are having with the program we should be able to sort them out for you.

Hi Graham

Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated. Have removed the second file as suggested and the NA GA traffic control panel now works as advertised. Went back into default FSX settings and have now got back my default airline and general aviation traffic back. Sorry if I misled with you with the impression that I had other problems with the program which I have not. The program is now working very well, thanks to the fix, and look forward to further updates and additional material. Thanks to you and your team for this welcome addition to my flying experience in PNW and ORBX airports.

Cheers. Cliff

Archived